Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yoga Week 1

My sugar levels have risen in the recent past to 310. In this new year 2012, what else could be the right resolution other than controlling my sugar levels. It is going to be an all-round attack of this killer.

Last 20 days I keep hearing about Yoga, most of the information is inbound. One of my relatives suggested Baba Ramdev's theraphy for many diseases including Diabetes. Kapal bhati is the technique he suggested. I went through the youtube video of the same.

Next, I bought a book written on the subject Yoga and Diabetes. Techniques that were discussed in the book were hard to practice without a Yoga teacher.

This is the time, I decided to go for a class on Yoga. Co-incidentally, there was an advertisement in the local daily that talked about Yoga therapy for Diabetes. I wanted to give it a try and I called them immediately.

My class started this last week, 2nd Jan 2012. I learnt some warm-up stuff, simple exercises, and a couple of yoga postures. Just one more stretching exercise was added on the fifth day of the course. Otherwise pretty much I have been practicing the same exercise for the last 6 days. I was told that I might experience some body pain after 2,3 days. However, I didn't feel any difference, I guess the movements that I do are probably simple.

My weight was 70.3 on enrollment day, but has increased about a kilo on the 6th day. The reason could be the rice that I ate on the previous night and the banana, my teacher said.

Though my teacher has been advising me to take some 'Kashayam', I somehow keep forgetting it. I need to start that. While performing some of the exercises I overhear other people saying how their sugar levels have come to a great control. I feel happy about coming to a right place.

I am thinking of writing a blog after every week of my Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment