Sunday, January 22, 2012

Yoga Week 3

This is another short week after Pongal holidays. We gathered on Tuesday. There seem to be more people this time, atleast 4-5 have joined the course. Awareness is spreading, I guess.

I could see that the focus has been on pancreas, thats where my master targets his exercises. After a couple of exercises that impacts my abdomen area, this week, I am taught one more. The exercises seem to be simple for me, as I mentioned earlier in my posts, I guess my teacher has been waiting for my body to get accustomed to bends and become flexible.

I am still not able to bend forward fully. I still feel the pain when try to touch the floor with my fingers while bending forward. This has to be rectified before I am taught some advanced stuff. I am not in a hurry at all. I am good at meditation and I could visualize my sugar levels are maintained due to my aggression in Yoga.

Every Saturday, weight is measured for all the members. My weight has not been consistent. It increased by 1.5 Kilo last week but reduced by 1 kilo this week. Surprisingly I am asked to take some rice to maintain the weight.

In the last week, during one of the week days, I had to travel and to miss the class. I tried to practice the exercises in the morning. I missed a couple of sequences but largely managed to get through.

There are many people, many of them are older than me, are successful in making their body flexible for all the Yoga exercises. They are definitely my inspiration.

Overall, yet another good Yoga week.

No comments:

Post a Comment